29.7.10

Shoebusiness

If you really want, there are tons of things to complain about as a saleswoman. But I choose not to... Or at least I normally ignore and forget.....

BUT... Now on my last month as a saleswoman, I'll point out all those small things that has been driving me crazy on my silent inside, so I can make sure to remember it all when I one day, for some reason, will consider to go back. I am of course a representable, serviceminded person, who put a smile on my face and scream out my frustrations in the toilet! Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever heard me!? But it's time now to get out of the closet...

Following situations are what I deal with every single day:

  • "Do you have other sizes than the ones shown?" - YES of course I have, it wouldn't be much of a business if I only ordered all my shoes in ONE single size, would it!? "Oh yes, of course we have, what size do you need?"
  • "Do you have this in black?" - Noooooo, or else it would be shown okay! If I had hidden all my shoes in the back I wouldn't sell much, would I!? "No I'm sorry, we only have what you see riiight there"
  • "Excuse me, what's the price of this one?" - Use around 2 seconds to look at the butoom and u'll have the answer - "It's very likely written at the buttom, let me show you.... "
  • "Can I try this, this, this aaaand this and that one both in black and blue and this brown one up there?" - Oh my fucking God - "Yes of course, in what size?" - "Uhm both a 39 and a 40 thank you" - You'r freaking welcome you annoying bitch - "Sure!" (BIG smile)
  • ---> And if it's really bad a customer like this often end up not buying anything saying "Actually I really don't need anymore shoes, but it's always fun to try... thank you!" - ".... (No words, just really red in my face)...."
  • "I bought these sandals last summer and now the strap broke. Could you please fix that?" - WTF! They cost you 20EU. Can't believe you even have the balls to come here and complain about this! "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, but unfortunately the price always represents the quality, so this is what you can expect from a sandal like this after a whole season"
  • A customer buying shoes on sale, costing her 10EU: "Oh, but you don't have a new pair that I can have?" - NO I don't, and don't you think you'r gonna survive that? It's a flip-flop!!! - "No, sorry it's the last pair"
  • "Can I try the earrings on?" - YES, if you personally would be okay to buy a pair yourself that around one thousand people have had in their nasty stinking earflip before you! - "Yes, uhm... If you want to"
  • Me: "It's 50% off 749 so that will be... 375 DKK, thank you" BIG smile. Customer: "Well, that's actually 374,50 DKK!" - Oh my f***ing God, it's like 0,06 EU cent!!! Me: "Uhm... yeah, but we normaly round-up when on sale. That's why" - It's not that I don't know how to calculate, bitch!
  • "Hi, I just have to show my friend something. Lisa look! This is what I talked about, that's so ugly riiight? Haha. It looks like a retarded twin blouse or something. It's so awfull riight?" - Would you please respect the clothes AND me and leave the store immediately? You'r wasting my time! - "...(silent and NOT smiling)...."
  • At closeing-time friday evening, the light is off and everything cleaned up from a bussy day - "Oh excuse me, excuse me can I just have a look? 2 minuttes! Promise!" - Well I'm actually closeing, and YEAH I have a life outside this store, so just... come back tomorrow! And do not waste 5 more minuttes of my weekend okay!! - "We're actually closeing now so... Just really quick, please" - If I'm really lucky she'll only use 10 minuttes and only try 3 pairs... Without buying them of course, because "I need more time... I should come back tomorrow" !?! WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT AT FIRST PLACE THEN?????
  • Or just a simple situation as when a customer enter the store and I say "HI!" with a big helpfull smile and the person just looks at me, from top to toe, then turns her back and continue looking... I really don't get that
  • Worst is when my macbook is at the disk and a person comes and put the pair of shoes they want RIGHT on top of my laptop! Oh miiii God I swear - it's the worst. In my head I grap their neck and shake them really hard while screaming "what the hell where you thinking!!!??" - But I don't, I just put the shoes slowly in a bag saying "Let me take those... that will be 299DKK thank you"
When all this is said - and now never to be forgotten - I must say how much I appreciate kind customers! Their smile and gentle "hello" and "thank you goodbye" is all worth it!

So please remember this next time you enter a store and it's full of commanding customers and the salewoman is all sweatty in her face, tired and has a hard time smiling at you - be kind, smile at her and she'll give you a 10 times better service than what she was attending to...

Thank you and have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment